Started new job this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started new job this week

Just a word of encouragement to those who are trying to find work post - bankruptcy. I was discharged in October, and just started a job with the IRS this week. I was a little worried about how the bankruptcy would affect my chances, with them being sticklers about financial responsibility. I was up front on the disclosure forms that I submitted, and the HR representative I was working with actually told me he was sorry for the circumstances surrounding my bankruptcy. He then asked me if I could start this week.

I was like - hmmm - let me check my calender - I think I can work that out....lol.
    Filed: 6/30/2010
    341: 7/26/2010
    Discharged: 10/6/2010

Nice to hear, thanks for the encouragement, wonderingrov. Good luck with the new job - lucky you!!!
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

That's wonderful news. CONGRATS!!! Best of luck to you!!
      Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

If you can get a job at the IRS after BK, then this is great motivation for us. Thank you and congrats. I can hardly wait to post my future job acceptance story on this board. It's also great to show these stories to those that don't want us 99ers and unemployed to get unemployment extensions. Unemployment extensions really do help us get back on our feet again.

Comment

Congratulations!
          Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se 11-2009
          341 Mtg 1-2010
          Discharged 4-2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X